Some of us are “black coffee” people while others like their coffee filled with milk, sugar and even chocolate syrup. One thing is certain for more than half the population of the world, though: our days don’t start well without a good cup of coffee!
Perhaps the most popular type of coffee is a latte, which is the kind of coffee with a whole lot of milk in it. Lattes are refreshing, awakening and healthier than most other coffee drinks.
These days, you don’t have to queue at a coffee shop to get your first latte of the day. With affordable latte machines, you can make your own exceptionally good-tasting cup of latte in your own kitchen. These coffee machines are affordable, easy to use, compact and frankly – quite indispensable in the modern kitchen.
In this article, you can know of the 10 best latte machines you can choose from for your home, and exactly how they are special.
The name says “espresso maker” but you can use this coffee machine to not just make lattes, but also cappuccinos, macchiato and Flat whites. Besides, just the brand “Delonghi” refers to the makers of coffee machines so flawless, you won’t have to think twice before choosing this model.
With the ECAM44660B-Eletta, you get two cups of perfect lattes every morning, not just for yourself, but also for your partner. If there’s more than one coffee lover in your home, you wouldn’t want them to wait for their turn, would you?
This coffee maker gives you any kind of café-quality coffee in 3 minutes or less. The entire process is easy enough without having to spend your precious mornings trying to figure out how the machine works. Although the operation is a little loud more expensive compared to other coffee machines, this is definitely a coffee machine you’d want in your kitchen.
- Makes almost all types of coffees
- Easy-to-use and user-friendly
- Barista-quality coffee in a few minutes
- Comes with 13 adjustable settings and electronic temperature control
- Automatically adds frothing to the coffee
- Dishwasher safe removable components
- Comes with an adjustable grinder, milk frothermaker, milk jug and cup warmer
- Touch control panel
- Can’t heat milk properly
- Automatically reverts back to factory settings
- Loud operation
- Not too hot coffee
A compact and efficient coffee machine that makes one large cup of your favorite coffee drink at a time. If you are the only one to drink coffee in your home or if you live alone, this is the coffee machine you need for yourself.
At quite an affordable price, this coffee-machine-for-one doesn’t just make barista-quality latte, but also cappuccinos, espressos and Americanos. Compact in size, it fits easily into your kitchen counters and drawers and works on a capsule-based manner. You can easily control the machine with the toggle-stick on the top and the LED display at the front to choose whether you want hot, cold or brewed drinks.
With a 15-bar pressure, any coffee capsule you use in this machine will be fully extracted to give you the best quality aroma, body, favor and color. Every single cup made with the Nescafe Dolce Gusto will be perfect – exactly like the cup of coffee your barista serves you every morning.
Besides, this coffee machine from Nescafe comes with 15 different flavor of coffee capsules, so that you can try them all and find your favorites!
- Perfect size for a single cup of coffee
- Easy to store away
- Toggle-stick and LED display for ease of using
- Brews most kind of hot coffee drinks
- Has a 15-pressure bar
- Can extract maximum flavor, body and aroma from coffee capsules
- Customization of size and temperature
- Comes with coffee capsules of 15 different flavors
- Only compatible with Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee capsules
- Weak coffee when milk is added
- Compatible coffee capsules expensive and not always available
There’s a reason this coffee machine from De’Longhi looks like the machines you see in a café or a restaurant: it will give completely authentic barista-quality every single time! Slightly larger than the other household coffee machines, this particular one from De’Longhi is surprisingly affordable. One of the most important parts of a modern kitchen, you can use this coffee machine to make lattes, espressos and cappuccinos.
This coffee machine has a 15-bar pressure, which makes sure the maximum amount of flavor and aroma is extracted from whichever coffee beans you are using. With every single press, your coffee will come out rich, flavorful, refreshing and amazingly brilliant! The boiler is made of stainless steel and the entire frame is sturdy. You can get years of service and good coffee from this one machine without having to replace or repair your coffee machine.
- Affordable price
- Gives authentic barista-quality coffee every time
- Can brew lattes, cappuccinos and espressos
- Can make two cups simultaneously
- Contemporary design fits any modern kitchen décor
- Easy to clean
- 15-bar bump extracts maximum flavor, body and aroma from your coffee beans
- Has a manual milk frother for better results
- Sturdy built and easy-to-use design
- Works better for espresso than for other coffee drinks
- Noisy machine
- Needs very fine coffee beans
- Can’t make extremely hot coffee
Almost double the price than the other coffee machines you find on the market, the De’Longhi Eletta looks extremely impressive. With a shiny body and just the right size for your kitchen counters, this coffee machine can make a perfect cup of coffee for you every morning – and whenever you want one. From a strong espresso to a creamy latte, you can make almost every kind of coffee drink with this machine.
In separate chambers, you can keep finely grounded coffee beans to make coffee with, or use the De’Longhi Eletta to provide freshly grounded coffee every morning. With separate chambers available, you can even use different kinds of coffee beans/grounds in the same machine – caffeinated or decaffeinated, flavored of regular, strong or medium strength.
This coffee machine guarantees perfect brewing every single time, giving you a consistent taste, aroma, body and flavor. Of course, you can customize the settings to suit your preference every time, adding just the right amount of milk to your latte from the manual milk frother clearly visible at one side of the machine.
- Sleek and elegant design
- Consistent taste, aroma, body and flavor of coffee every time
- Adjustable and customizable settings
- Separate chamber for different types of coffee
- Can use both grounded coffee and fresh beans
- Manual milk frother at one side for pouring fresh milk in
- Easy to clean and handle
- Temperature of coffee and milk can be customized
- One-touch display and operation
- Can’t make extremely hot coffee
- Not suitable for very large coffee cups
- Hot water and hot milk attachments cannot be used at the same time
- Very expensive
- Coffee grinder can clog easily
A little less common, Gaggia is still one of the leading manufacturers of coffee machines in the world, and the Gaggia Anima is their top model. Very much affordable, this machine comes with a manual milk frothing to turn your espresso shots into lattes and cappuccinos. You can even customize the programmable coffee machine to give you the same-tasting milk-based coffee drinks every single time.
With 3 temperature controls, you can be sure to get just the right kind of coffee you want – according to your personal preferences. The hot water reservoir and the bean hopper is easily accessible from the top of the machine for you to change and refill, as is the milk container.
- Affordable and compact
- Manual frother for milk-based coffee drinks
- Can make espressos, lattes and cappuccinos
- 3 different temperature controls
- Easy access to coffee, water and milk reservoirs
- Perfect for tall cups of coffee
- Pannarello steam wand for a frothy drink
- No warranty
- Zero control over grounding of coffee beans
- Makes extremely strong coffee every time
This sleek and compact coffee machine is just the right size for a tiny modern kitchen and a single cup of coffee. With a 7-level LED display, you can control the temperature, size and strength of your coffee every single time. Beside a milky latter, the Nescafe Dolce Gusto can brew a strong espresso and a frothy cappuccino just the way you like it.
With the right kind of coffee capsule, you can end up making any kind of hot or cold coffee drink of your choice. This coffee machine has a maximum 15-bar pressure to extract the best possible flavor, taste and aroma from your coffee capsules. The capsules are automatically sealed after each use for retaining maximum freshness of your coffee drinks.
- Easy to use
- Compact size for a small kitchen
- Affordable price
- No mess design
- 7-level LED display for convenience
- Temperature, strength and size of coffee can be controlled
- Makes hot and cold coffee drinks
- 15-bar pressure to extract maximum flavor and aroma
- Automatically seals coffee capsule after each use
- Only compatible with certain coffee capsules and pods
- Coffee pods not available easily
- Water reservoir is hard to reach and refill
This rather large and impressive-looking coffee machine from Chefman is basically an espresso maker, but can also give you barista-quality latte, cappuccino and other milky and frothy coffee drinks. With this coffee machine in your kitchen, you won’t ever have to go to a café for the perfect tasting cup of coffee! The Chefman Espresso machine will give you the exact tasting coffee made by a professional barista.
This is truly a 6-in-1 coffee machine, meaning you can make all your favorite drinks in it, including a single or double shot espresso, a milky latte, a frothy cappuccino, a chocolaty mochacccino, and more. With a 15-bar maximum pressure, this machine will extract the best possible flavor, taste and aroma from any coffee beans you use.
The easy to reach and refill milk container at the front, your drinks will get an integrated frothing on top, perfecting your favorite coffee drinks. The entire machine has an one-touch operation that gives you your morning coffee without a lot of hassle. You won’t need to refill the 1.8-litre water reservoir every day. If you are the single coffee drinker of the family, the reserved water will last a few drinks.
- Makes all your favorite coffee drinks
- Large 1.8-liter water reservoir doesn’t need refilling regularly
- No-mess design; easy to clean with damp cloth
- 15-bar pressure can extract most from coffee beans
- Easy-to-refill milk container
- One-touch operation
- Doesn’t make extremely strong coffee
- Not suitable for a very tall coffee mug
- Inconsistent coffee sizes
This very professional-looking coffee machine from Hamilton Beach does exactly what it looks capable of: gives you two cups of barista-quality coffee every time you want it. A 15-pressure bar extracts the maximum amount of flavor, aroma and taste from all the different kinds of coffee beans and coffee pods you can use in it.
The milk container is at the front, making it easy to refill the container when you need to. The built-in milk frother is also in the front of the machine, which helps to add frothy milk to your espresso to make your favorite latte, cappuccino or coffee drink. The water reservoir, too, is easy to remove and refill, and can hold about 40 ounces of water at a time.
- Makes two cups of coffee at the same time
- Easy to refill milk container and water reservoir
- Milk frother at the front
- Easy to clean
- 15-pressure bar
- Uses both coffee pods and coffee beans
- Makes weak coffee
- Doesn’t heat milk as much as needed
- Better for espressos than other kinds of coffee drinks
Sleek and extremely attractive, this machine by Gaggia makes a strong cup of coffee, a milky and refreshing latte and an invigorating cappuccino, as well as any other coffee drinks you might like to drink. With this machine, you can use both whole coffee beans or pre-ground beans of your choice, to give your coffee the exact taste you want.
This is a no-mess machine that is extremely easy to clean. There are multiple dregs drawers, a drip tray and a water tank which are easy to remove from the machine, keeping the structure clean at all times. The Pannarello wand at the frothing can be used for both frothing your coffee and for dispensing boiling hot water for your Americanos and hot tea bevaages.
There are numerous push-buttons and a LED display at the front of the coffee machine that makes the entire procedure easy to handle and the machine easy to use.
- Uses both pre-ground coffee and whole coffee beans
- LED Display and direct push-buttons
- Boiling hot water and milk available in seconds
- Pannarello wand adds frothy milk to the coffee
- Easy to remove parts and refill
- 1.27-quart water container
- Makes only one cup of coffee at a time
- Cleanup can be a lengthy process
- Needs a lot of coffee beans to make coffee
This particular coffee machine from Hamilton Beach guarantees an excellent extraction of flavor, aroma and taste from any coffee grain or bean that you use, giving you the exact taste you need to feel rejuvenated. Made entirely from stainless steel, sleek and attractive in design, you can use this coffee maker to not just make espresso, but also lattes and cappuccinos of your choice.
The entire process of using this coffee machine is a relatively easy one. A large dial at the front of the machine lets you choose between the type of coffee you want, the temperature and the size. The milk frother at the side adds frothing to your coffee, making your drink simply perfect for an awesome start of the day.
What’s an extra feature of this machine? It keeps your coffee mug warm until it is time to serve the coffee, increasing the taste of the coffee manifold.
- Makes espressos, lattes and cappuccinos
- Swivelling steam wand to add froth to your coffee
- 15-bar Italian pump extracts maximum taste, flavor and aroma
- Easy setup and use
- Affordable price
- Large dial at the front for easy operation
- Keeps coffee mug warm till serving time
- Cleanup can be a difficult process
- Stainless steel body can start to oxidize after regular use
- Doesn’t make very strong coffee
All these are excellent coffee machines in their own might. While there might be some differences between them in terms of features, quality and price, they can all more or less give you a good cup of coffee in the morning.
However, when you are choosing a coffee machine for your home, there are some specialties that should be present in the one you decide on, i.e.:
Ease of Use: A coffee machine should be relatively easier to use. When you need your first cup of coffee in the morning in a hurry, you shouldn’t have to go through too many buttons and too many decisions before your first cup of coffee in the morning. Accessible controls, easy to use buttons and fewer steps to follow should, therefore, be important in your choice of coffee machine.
Versatile: A coffee machine that uses both coffee pods, coffee capsules, pre-ground coffee or whole coffee beans are a versatile machine. The more versatile your machine is, the much varied coffee you can drink at home.
Pressure Bar: With a strong pressure bar, your coffee machine will be able to extract the most amount of flavor, aroma and taste from whichever coffee bean or pod you are using.
Our Pick of the Best Latte Machine from the List
All things considered, the Gaggia Anima Coffee and Espresso Machine is our top pick from the list. With this affordable coffee machine, you can make lattes, espressos, Americanos and cappuccinos that taste the same every single time. The manual milk frother adds delicious milk and frothing to your drink to make it taste even better.
Besides, with this coffee machine, you can control the temperature of your drink and chose from 3 settings. All the containers and reservoirs are easily accessible and refillable, and you can use any type of coffee mug – short or tall – to make your coffee.